Do you have plans to relax this Spring and Summer, but your concerned your central air conditioning system may take some time off too? You’re left with a decision to make; do I invest in a costly repair or do I consider a replacement?
AC Repair vs. Replacement
Here are some ways to help you decide whether you should replace or repair your Air Conditioning system:
- Age matters. The age of your unit is important. If your system is more than 10 years old, it’s time to replace it.
- Help the environment and your wallet. If you’re looking to save money on energy costs, then it is probably time to replace rather than repair. Newer units have more energy-efficient features so you can save over time, realizing a return on your investment. Plus, with tax rebates provided by the government, choosing a more eco-friendly system is less costly than you think.
- Audit your utility bill for answers. Take a look at your energy bills during a 3-month period. If you see that your energy costs are going up while your output remains the same, then it is time to bring in a professional. An experienced HVAC technician can perform an inspection, at which time you can decide if it’s more cost effective to repair or replace. When in doubt, bring in a professional.
- Get an Estimate – It’s best to get two estimates; one to repair and one to replace. If the repair estimate is more than half the cost of a new unit, replace your system.
- Check the Warranty – If your Air Conditioning system is still under warranty, have it repaired. It’s almost always a good decision to take advantage of your warranty while it is in effect.
Since 1939, Crisafulli Bros. in Albany, NY has helped homeowners like you make important decisions for their home. Our professional HVAC team will never recommend a costly air conditioning repair or replacement unless it’s the right answer for you. Call today and let us provide the Red Carpet Treatment you deserve! (518) 868-0494