Electrical Panel Installation in Albany
Replace Your Aging Electrical Panel Today - Serving Upstate New York
Your electrical panel is basically the heart of your electrical system. And just as your body cannot function without a strong heart, your home will not be able to function without a strong electrical panel. That’s why Crisafulli Bros. Plumbing & Heating Contractors, Inc. offers cutting edge electrical panel installation in Albany. We specialize in the latest, industry-leading equipment, so your home never receives anything less than the best. With over 80 years of experience in the home service industry, you can trust our team to go above and beyond to get the job done right. We have over 150 employees and more than 80 vehicles, giving us the resources needed to work quickly and efficiently on each and every service call. And because we are available 24/7 for emergencies, there’s never a bad time to contact our skilled electricians at Crisafulli Bros. Plumbing & Heating Contractors, Inc.
To replace your electrical panel in Albany, dial (518) 868-0494 today. Emergency service is available.
Is It Time to Replace My Electrical Panel?
There are many reasons you may have to replace your electrical panel. From physical damage to problems getting enough power, the key is not to hesitate, as waiting too long for panel replacement can put your home in an extremely dangerous situation. If you do not know how old your electrical panel is, we highly suggest calling our experienced electricians as soon as possible to take a look at it. Between the 1950s and 1980s, many homes in the United States were built with Federal Pacific Electric and Zinsco brand panels. The electrical panels from these manufacturers were later linked to fires, electrocutions, and other problems across the country. So for homeowners whose house is more than a few decades old, it is important to find out if you are using a FPE or Zinsco panel right away, and to replace your panel if this is a case. Moreover, even the best electrical panels need to be replaced after 25-40 years, so age is always a factor you’ll want to consider.
Other reasons to call Crisafulli Bros. for electrical panel replacement in Albany include:
- Your electrical panel is releasing a burning smell/is hot to the touch: Any kind of burning coming from your electrical system is a bad sign. If there is a burning smell emanating from your panel, it’s possible that the plastic around your wiring is melting, or the wood behind the wall has been singed. Just as bad is an electrical panel that is warm or hot to the touch. These are both signs that your electrical panel is aging or damaged, and could end up being a fire hazard.
- Your electrical panel is making strange noises: The ideal sound for your electrical panel to make is no sound at all. It may occasionally make a clicking noise when a circuit breaker is tripped, but if you hear a buzzing or hissing sound coming from your panel, something could be seriously wrong with it. You may be dealing with bad wiring or a loose connection, so call an electrician right away to see what the problem is. You may just need some wiring replaced, but much like bad smells, loud noises coming from your electrical equipment are never a good sign, so it’s always better to get to the bottom of the problem ASAP.
- You have fuses instead of circuit breakers: In theory, fuses and circuit breakers do the same thing. Both “trip” when there is too much power running through your electrical system, thereby preventing the flow of current from damaging any of your appliances. The difference between breaker panels and fuse boxes is that every time you trip a fuse, you have to replace it. This makes fuses much less convenient, plus they often react slower than circuit breakers, making them less safe, too. Bottom line: circuit breakers are simply a better choice for modern homeowners and their electrical needs.
- There is rust or other visible damage on your electrical panel: If you experience a plumbing leak over your electrical panel, it is possible that rust will form on the exterior of the unit. Water and electricity obviously don’t mix, so if you notice this in your home, call an electrician right away. You should also consider calling an electrician to assess your panel’s condition if you have noticed dents or other visible damage on it.
- You’re no longer able to get the power you need: At the end of the day, your electrical panel’s job is to provide your household appliances with power. The problem is that because of the great amount of electricity used by modern homeowners, older panels do not always cut it. If you do not have enough outlets to support your equipment, are experiencing frequent blackouts, or have noticed your lights flickering, even when you use low power devices (like your microwave, for instance,) it may be time for a panel upgrade.
Our Albany Electrical Panel Experts Have What You Need
Crisafulli Bros. Plumbing & Heating Contractors, Inc. believes that everyone deserves quality electrical equipment, which is why we offer various deals and specials to suit any budget. You may also want to consider Red Carpet Partnership Plan, to ensure your electrical equipment remains safe and energy-efficient for as long as possible. Our electricians have a reputation in Albany and beyond for delivering complete satisfaction, so if you are considering replacing your panel, don’t wait. Call Crisafulli Bros. Plumbing & Heating Contractors, Inc., and give your home the safety upgrade it needs today.