Albany Whole-Home Rewiring
Update Your New York Electrical System with Premium Materials!
Much the same way pipes carry hot and cold water to the areas of your home where you need it, wiring is the medium through which electrical energy reaches the various points of your home you utilize it from. Every outlet, switch, and permanent light fixture has at least a few wires leading to and from it, and these wires need to be in good condition and free from defects to remain safe, stable, and capable of delivering the power you need. When something goes wrong with your wiring, things can turn sour pretty quickly—bad wiring can cause everything from electrical shorts to wire failures and overheating to breaker problems. And wiring doesn’t last forever either; it wears out over time.
If your wiring is giving you problems, particularly if you own an older home, it might be time to completely rewire your home with modern, state of the art wiring materials. At Crisafulli Bros. Plumbing & Heating Contractors, Inc., we proudly offer extensive rewiring services from trained and experienced electrical professionals. Proudly serving Albany and the surrounding areas since all the way back in 1939, we have helped numerous customers fix their wiring problems when needed. We make sure your home is safe, secure, code-compliant, and capable of providing for your electrical needs without the stress or hassle of ongoing problems. We can even replace dangerous wiring materials, including aluminum wiring that still exists in many homes across the state of New York!
Learn more about a comprehensive rewire for your home by calling the team at Crisafulli Bros. Plumbing & Heating Contractors, Inc. Dial (518) 868-0494 today.
When Is It Time for a Whole-Home Rewire?
Because electrical wiring is designed to last such a long time and it doesn’t run the risk of leaks like plumbing lines do, it’s easy to simply ignore or forget about it. However, electrical wires do degrade over time. Not only does the metal that make up the wire itself slowly wear out as electrical current flows through it, but the insulation that protects and shields the wire also slowly loses its ability to keep you safe. When this happens, your wiring becomes prone to problems that could cause everything from minor inconveniences to major damage to your home.
Here are a few signs you should consider a whole-home rewire:
- Your wiring is old: If your home is more than 50 years old and still using original wiring, it’s time to replace it.
- Your home has aluminum wiring: If your home was built between 1965 and 1973, then you might have aluminum wiring in your walls. Aluminum wiring significantly increases the chances of a house fire.
- Flickering lights: Flickering lights are a sign of a loose electrical connection, and could also be a sign of a frayed wire or unexpected short.
- Burning smells: Does it smell like burning plastic somewhere in your home for reasons you can’t explain? This could be the shielding on your wiring melting or burning up. Call for help right away!
- Burned outlets or switches: Are your outlets or switches showing signs of burning or melting? This means the outlet was exposed to high heat, usually as a result of an electrical surge or issue in your wiring. Shut off that circuit immediately and call for help.
You might also need to replace your wiring if you have breakers that frequently trip, if you never seem to have a free outlet where you need one, or if you simply have a number of things you wish to add to your home’s electrical system. Older homes often don’t have the ability to handle the electrical capacity we demand for our modern life, so upgrading your wiring can be a great investment in your future and make sure your home will be able to sustain your electrical demands going forward!
Time to rewire your home? Contact Crisafulli Bros. Plumbing & Heating Contractors, Inc. and learn more about doing so today! Emergency service is available.
We go the extra mile for our team by offering a caring environment, a focus on training, and a career track filled with opportunity.Job Openings
We strive to make a difference through caring relationships with our customers, team partners, and community.How We Care
One of the ways that we offer Red Carpet Solutions is by giving you opportunities to save on services you need in your home right now.Coupons