It’s that time of year again! Many of us look forward to the change in seasons and the activities that it brings. Whether you’re a Sunday football fan, hosting this year’s Thanksgiving feast or excited about the new season of your favorite TV show, you’ll want to keep your home warm and comfortable all season long.
Getting ready for the fall and winter seasons is an important aspect of owning a home. We’ve put together a list of a few things to consider as the falling leaves turn into falling snowflakes!
- Walk around the exterior of your home and perform a simple visual inspection. Look for any items that might need attention; from the foundation to the roof, are there any gaps or cracks in the siding, do the garage doors close completely to the ground? Time to complete: 15 minutes.
- As you put away your hoses and gardening tools check your spigots to make sure they are drip free. Time to complete: 5 minutes.
- If you have a swimming pool with a heater, clear away any debris surrounding your pool heater that might help a rodent construct a nest over the winter. Time to complete: 10 minutes.
- Check your front door, patio door and any other entrance to your home. Do the doors have any gaps where air could escape or invite cold drafts in? Time to complete: 5 minutes.
- The windows should also be checked for gaps or cracks in the glass or frames. If you have screens, consider changing them back to storm windows as an extra layer of insulation. Time to complete: 10 minutes.
- Make an appointment to have your chimney cleaned and inspected. Time to complete: 10 minutes
- Call Crisafulli Bros. to perform your annual heating system tune up. Time to complete: 10 minutes
Finally, for any home comfort questions, Crisafulli Bros. is here to help. Serving the Capital District for over 70 years, we’ve set the bar for excellence and service in Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Drain Cleaning. Enjoy the Fall!