Every Spring the Capital Region has it’s fair share of heavy rain showers. With this heavy rain, may come problems such as a flooded basement, mold growth, musty smells, and damage to possessions. So what can you do? Here are some helpful tips to help you keep your basement dry and prevent future moisture problems!
· Ensure your sump-pump is in good working order – have it serviced by a licensed and reputable plumber annually.
· Consider having a licensed plumber install a back-up sump pump in your basement if you are prone to flooding and you are in an area where power outages are frequent. We have several options for you to pick from.
· To reduce humidity levels in your home, have a professional add a dehumidifier to your HVAC system.
· Look for ways to divert rainwater away from your home—extend rain gutter down-spouts away from home and make sure the grade of your yard surfaces slope away from your home.
· Make sure rain gutters are clean and unobstructed.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, we’re only a phone call away. Call Crisafulli Bros. 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (518) 868-0494. Plumbing emergencies are our specialty!