The average lifespan of a boiler is around 15-20 years; however, that range will depend on a couple of factors. If your boiler is over 15-20 years old, replacing it and upgrading it to the latest technology can offer you and your family some great benefits.
The lifespan of your boiler may depend on the following:
- How often do you have your boiler tuned up? Proper annual maintenance is encouraged to ensure optimal functioning.
- Was your boiler installed correctly?
- Is your boiler the appropriate size for you and your family?
- How long is your heating season? Living in areas with colder and longer winters (such as New York) means that you will use your boiler for a longer time span than families living in warmer climates. Higher performance will generally yield a shorter lifecycle.
- What type of boiler do you have? What quality is it made of? A high-quality boiler is assembled with quality components that are known to last longer.